Quick, Convenient, FREE! The Ultimate Weight Selector
Not sure what you need?
Troemner's online Weight Selector takes the guess work out of choosing the correct weight for your application.
Simply select the parameters that best match your needs and our Weight Selector
will automatically calculate your optimum weight choice. Please utilize this useful tool as many
times as you like. We developed it for you, our valued customer.
If you'd like more information or would like to validate your findings, call 800-352-7705.
The Weight Selector is designed to guide you through a series of
questions to help select the correct weight or weight set for your application.
What you need to know before you use the Weight Selector:
- Denomination Required – Metric, Avoirdupois (pounds and ounces), Troy Ounce, Pennyweight, Grain or custom.
- Weighing Application
- High Precision Mass Standards for the calibration of other masses.
- Weights for calibration / verification of balances, scales and specific weighing applications.
- Weights for educational purposes
- Hook or Slotted Weights
- Special design weights requiring a special shape, material, denomination, tolerance or size.
- Range of Weights Required – especially the largest value. Size of weight(s) needed for your application may be determined
by one or more of the following:
- Capacity of balance or scale you are trying to verify/calibrate
- Calibration load of the balance/scale
- The weighing range in which the balance or scale is typically used
- A specific weighing application
- Capacity and range of weight standards needed for your weight calibration needs
- Application Accuracy Required – The readability of your balance. If you are planning to use your weights on
several balances – use the readability of your most precise balance.
In certain sections the Weight Selector will ask for your balance readability in order to select the proper weight
tolerance required. The Weight Selector is designed to select weight(s) where tolerance does not exceed 1/3 of the
readability of the balance. In cases where a 3 to 1 accuracy ratio cannot be achieved, correction factors supplied with
a Traceable or NVLAP Calibration Certificate will be required in order to use the selected weight(s) properly.
- Calibration Certificate Requirements – Whether or not you require a certificate to satisfy regulatory or quality
standards. Your choices are:
- NIST/NVLAP Calibration Certificate (view sample of certificate) – a detailed, multi-page certificate designed
to meet all of your ISO (including ISO/IEC 17025), FDA, GMP, GLP, DOD, ANSI/NCSL Z540-1, and nuclear
requirements. The NIST-administered National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP Lab
Code 105013-0) approves all procedures for this detailed certificate. The measurement process follows the
recommendations of NIST Handbook 145.
- UKAS Certificate of Weight Calibration (view sample of certificate) – similar to the NVLAP Certificate in content
and form, however, it is more widely accepted in the European community. It meets the requirements of the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). This Certificate of Weight
Calibration is universally accepted throughout the world. Troemner (UKAS International Calibration No. 0516) is presently the only UKAS-accredited U.S. mass metrology laboratory
offering its customers this internationally recognized Certificate of Weight Calibration. Additionally, Troemner's UKAS accreditation fulfills the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 - the
widely accepted standard for competence of calibration laboratories.
- Traceable Certificate (view sample of certificate) – designed for those laboratories and companies that
require NIST traceability, but are not required to meet any stringent audit or regulatory requirements.
- No Certificate – weights come with a Statement of Accuracy noting the nominal value, type of weight,
material / density and weight class – Note: there is no NIST traceability supplied with this statement – not suitable
for quality or regulatory requirements.
Please provide the information requested below so that we can offer a higher level of service, know you better as a
customer, and communicate future news, new products, and technical information.
Opt out option for data submission – We ask you to fill in the fields below so that we may better serve you in the future.
If you provided us your information previously or would prefer not to provide us with the information that is requested below, scroll down to the
end of the data entry fields and select the box which says "Information previously provided. Proceed to the Weight Selector."